This strawberry mousse makes a lovely, light and airy dessert. It’s made with real strawberries, so you get that authentic taste of strawberry, along with the sweetness of strawberry jelly, combined with cream to give that beautiful strawberries and cream flavour.
Using the simplest ingredients, it’s one of the easiest and tastiest sweets you could prepare.
Give this a try for a simple, easy to make dessert. It will be sure to impress your guests, or keep it all to yourself if you’re not keen to share – we’re not judging!
- 1 punnet strawberries, pureed
- 1 packet of strawberry jelly crystals
- 200g white chocolate chips
- 500ml cream
- extra strawberries and whipped cream to serve
1. Make up the jelly according to the packet directions, but don’t set it just yet. Mix the pureed strawberries through and set aside.
2. Put the white chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and melt in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring in between each burst until melted. Mix chocolate into the strawberries, and leave to cool.
3. When cooled, add cream, then beat with electric beaters until thickened.
4. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight to serve the next day. Serve with extra strawberries and whipped cream.