There are few things in life more delicious and comforting than mashed potato, which is why it’s always a shame when leftovers go to waste. Mash tends not to be so great reheated, so often when you’ve made a bit too much for dinner, the leftovers get scraped into the trash.
What a waste of delicious mash!
Next time you have a bit too much in the pot, give these delicious muffins a try. Not only are they delicious, but they prevent waste and will see you get another meal or snack out of your potatoes.
Perfect for breakfast or a snack on the go.
- 600g leftover mashed potato
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g cooked ham, chopped
- 100g cooked peas
- 50g grated tasty cheese plus extra
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200c and grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the mashed potato and eggs in a large mixing bowl, then add ham, peas and cheese and combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Evenly spoon the mixture into the cups of the muffin tin, sprinkle with a little extra cheese, and bake for 25-30 or until golden.
4. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.