Remember the days as a kid when you would visit your grandmother and her house would smell like meatloaf? Well even if you don’t this recipe is a must try!
It’s a great way to do something different with mince and is extremely budget-friendly.
Adding a twist, this delicious meatloaf recipe features an Italian-style kick, complete with fresh mozzarella and Italian herbs.
This mouth-watering recipe is also perfect to cook with the grandkids and get them involved in the kitchen – they’ll love blending the mixture with their hands! If you’ve got fussy eaters in the family, try grating a little carrot or zucchini into the mixture as well. It’ll hide the fact they’re eating veggies and still pack a nutritional punch.
This recipe also goes great with a serve of buttery and fluffy mash potato. You’ll find a recipe for that here.
Ad. Article continues below.
- 750g beef mince
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Italian herb mix
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tin (410g) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- In bowl blend together mince, eggs, bread crumbs and tomato sauce.
- Season with Italian herb mix, oregano, basil, garlic powder, diced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Mix to combine.
- Press into loaf tin and cover with foil.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour.