This honey and balsamic braised pork is the perfect roast for guests. Serve it sliced or pull it apart and serve it in wraps for a more modern take on pork wraps or pulled pork rolls.
Ad. Article continues below.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.2 kg piece pork
- 9 shallots halved
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 cup seeded green olives
- Heat oil in large frying pan and cook pork until browned all over. Remove from pan
- Add shallots to the same pan and cook, stirring until brown then add stock, vinegar, and honey bring to boil.
- Place garlic and rosemary in 4.5 litre slow cooker top with the pork. Pour the shallot mixture over and cook covered on low for 7 hours
- Add olives 30 minutes before finished.
- Remove the pork and stand covered 10 minutes before slicing or pulling part.
This recipe was sent in by Barbara. If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by emailing us at [email protected]