Falafels are a tasty gluten-free and vegetation option and this delicious version was shared with us by SAS community member Tony Stott.
Ad. Article continues below.
This home-made recipe includes a simple chickpea mixture, flavoured with exotic Middle Eastern spices. They’re easy to whip up and go great as a snack on their own or wrapped in pita bread with salad and a drizzle of tahini sauce. Keep any leftovers in the fridge and enjoy throughout the week!
- 500g dry chickpeas (soak overnight in cold water)
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic clothes, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Olive oil for frying
- Soak chickpeas in cold water overnight. Drain well.
- Place half of chickpeas (250g), one onion, one garlic clove and 1/2 cup parsley in food processor, to a fine paste. Place in a small bowl.
- Place the rest of chickpeas, onion, garlic clove and parsley in food processor, to be a bit coarse. Mix into the small bowl.
- Then add, cumin, coriander, baking powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Using floured hand, shape mixture into small rissoles.
- Fry in olive oil, over medium-high heat until golden. Drain on paper towel and enjoy!