Australia’s hot summer days call for something a little creative when it comes to finding a treat to satisfy those sweet cravings. These cooling frozen mango treats really hit the spot and we have to see – they taste amazing! The recipe calls for over a kilo of tinned mango, but don’t be put off as that basically equates to two standard sized tins from the supermarket. The lemon juice helps lighten the flavour even more to create that super fresh and uplifting taste. It’s perfect for the grandkids too if you’re looking after them on a particularly hot day and want to treat them. You’ve got to give it a go!
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1.25k canned mango in syrup, drained, sliced
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 300mls thickened cream
1. Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil for about 5 minutes, or until syrup thickens slightly. Cool to room temperature.
Ad. Article continues below.
2. Blend or process mangoes, sugar syrup and lemon juice until smooth. Combine one cup of mango mixture with cream.
3. Line a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan with foil. Pour mango cream mixture into pan. Freeze until firm.
4. Pour remaining mango mixture over frozen mango cream in pan. Freeze for several hours, or until firm. Cut into slices when frozen and store in freezer.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here