This is a fresh twist on the traditional beef stroganoff, but just as tasty – if not more so! If it’s still a bit chilly where you are, this is the perfect meal to warm you up! Give it a try next time you’re looking for a traditional meal with a twist, for something the whole family will enjoy.
Ad. Article continues below.
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup salt reduced chicken stock
- 375g fettuccine or tagliatelle
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Mix mince, egg, breadcrumbs and 1/2 the paprika together in a bowl. Use your hands to shape tablespoons of mixture into meatballs.
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, in batches, for around 5 minutes or until browned, then transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan, then add onion, garlic and mushroom. Stir for 5 minutes or until onion is softened and mushroom has browned. Add remaining paprika and cook for a further 1 minute, then add tomato paste, Worcestershire and stock. Bring to the boil and return meatballs to pan. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water according to packet directions. Add sour cream and parsley to sauce and stir until heated. Serve with the pasta.