These delicious cauliflower cheese muffins are a family favourite.
Bursting with flavour, these tasty muffins are a perfect side dish or even a delicious snack on-the-go! This tasty recipe includes cauliflower, risoni pasta, cheddar and parmesan cheese, all combining to create a fantastic flavour.
Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge and warm up in the microwave before serving. Serve with a dollop of sour cream or butter and enjoy!
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1/2 cup dried risoni pasta
- 40g butter
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
Ad. Article continues below.
- Cook cauliflower in large saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a sieve set over bowl. Set aside to drain and cool.
- Coarsely chop the cauliflower.
- Add the risoni to saucepan and cook for 8 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in saucepan over medium heat and add flour.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add milk, a little at a time, stirring until combined after each addition.
- Bring to boil and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses until melted and smooth. Transfer to large bowl.
- Add cauliflower and risoni. Use a spatula to stir until evenly combined. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Spread breadcrumbs over large plate.
- Use damp hands to roll a tablespoon of cauliflower mixture into a ball.
- Roll in the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Repeat with remaining cauliflower mixture and breadcrumbs to make 24 balls.
- Add muffin liners to pan and divide the balls among the pans and spray tops with oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.