It’s hard to beat a loaf of warm home-made gingerbread and this scrumptious version is an absolute winner. This delicious recipe takes the traditional gingerbread and adds a pumpkin twist that also helps up the all-important moist factor.
A hint of ginger and mixed spice take the dish to the next level and help create that cosy, comforting taste. Serve warm with lashings of butter and honey and enjoy!
- 400g butternut pumpkin, peeled and seeded
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line base of loaf pan (10cm x 21cm) with baking paper.
- Steam pumpkin for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer to small bowl and mash until smooth.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, sugar, ginger and mixed spice in large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, oil and milk in separate bowl.
- Pour into flour mixture and add pumpkin. Use wooden spoon to stir until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for one hour.