If you’re the kind of person who is always looking for a new spin on a tasty dessert, this recipe brings two classic favourites together.
Apple crumble cheesecake is a delicious yet simple dessert that won’t last long in your fridge.
If you’ve got some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, it makes it a truly special treat.
- 4 chopped apples
- 300g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 80g sultanas
- 12 digestive biscuits
- 150g melted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g plain flour
- 2 packets Philadelphia cheese
- 1 packet mascarpone
- 2 eggs
- 1 vanilla pod
- 50g oats
Ad. Article continues below.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix apples, 100g sugar, cinnamon and sultanas and cook for 25 mins. Turn oven down to 160°C when done.
- Add biscuits, butter and salt to food processor. Mix until combined. Pour in a bowl.
- Add 100g sugar, flour, butter and oats to food processor. Mix until ingredients come together in thick texture.
- Put the cheese, mascarpone, 100g sugar, eggs, vanilla pod to food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a lined tray, mash biscuit base down until flat.
- Pour cheesecake filling on top and smooth over.
- Add apples to the top and bake for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool and place in fridge before serving.
For an extra fruit flavour, feel free to sprinkle your favourite berries to the top of your cheesecake!