Nothing beats a traditional chicken pie, and if you’re after a hearty meal the whole family will love, this is the recipe for you.
Full of flavour, the recipe uses a delicious mixture of corn, onion, capsicum, celery, carrot, peas, roasted chicken and creamy carbonara sauce, layered with crispy melt-in-the-mouth filo pastry.
The best part is, you can substitute veggies to your liking. Thr recipe works great with a garden salad with simple olive oil and lemon dressing.
- 1 corn cub, husks and silks removed.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 490g jar carbonara pasta sauce
- Roast chicken, coarsely shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 10 sheets filo pastry
- 50g butter, melted
Ad. Article continues below.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Use sharp knife to cut down the length of corn cob to remove kernels. Discard the cob.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook onion, stirring, for two minutes or until onions soft.
- Add corn kernels, capsicum, celery and carrot.
- Cook, stirring, for three minutes.
- Add carbonara sauce, chicken and peas, and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, place filo sheet on prepared tray, and brush with a little butter.
- Top with second filo sheet and brush with butter. Repeat with three more filo sheets.
- Transfer chicken mixture over filo sheets.
- Cover chicken mix with five filo sheets, butter between each layer.
- Brush with butter, then bake for 25 minutes or until golden.