Finding a recipe to suit the whole family can be a difficult task, especially when some of your guests have a gluten allergy.
But this smooth and hearty lasagne is bound to impress everyone round the table, packed full of fresh vegetables, juicy mince and delicious melted cheese.
In just a few simple steps, you can create a masterpiece, whether it’s for a last minute dinner party, or just a smaller meal at home. There’s no reason anyone should miss out, and with healthy ingredients throughout, it’s a guilt-free way to fill up on all your favourites.
So go on, enjoy!
- 2 cups tomato passata
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped vegetables of your choice (careful to check label to ensure gluten-free)
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- (optional) – 400g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup gluten-free cornflour
- 3 cups milk
- 180g grated cheddar cheese
- Gluten-free lasagne sheets (1 and a half x 200g packets)
- Blend vegetables and passata together in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan and add onion, garlic and rosemary over medium heat until onion softened.
- Add mince and stir until browned, for around 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stir in.
- Pour in vegetable mixture and bring to boil, before leaving to simmer for 15 minutes.
- If you’re adding pumpkin, place on microwave-safe plate with drops of water. Cover with wrap and microwave for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Add 1/4 cup milk to cornflour in a saucepan and stir until smooth.
- Gradually add remaining milk, stirring to smooth, before cooking over medium heat for around 10 minutes until thickened.
- Add 1 cup cheese and stir until smooth.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C for fan ovens).
- Grease baking tray (measuring approx. 7cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm base).
- Lay out 1/3 lasagne sheets over base, and top with half mince, half pumpkin (if using), and 1/3 cup cheese sauce.
- Repeat for a second time, and top with remaining lasagne sheets.
- Pour rest of cheese sauce, covering whole tray, and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until fully heated and tender.
This dish is perfect served with a side salad – ensuring all the ingredients are gluten-free.