This dish is absolutely delicious, and perfect for those nights when you just don’t have a lot of time to prepare or cook a meal.
It only takes around 20 minutes to make, and is tasty and full of fresh ingredients.
If you wanted to, you could add some of your favourite veggies to the stir fry, perhaps some carrots and broccoli, for a little extra nutrition boost.
Serve with fluffy, white rice for a scrumptious, filling meal.
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin or beef chuck, cut into strips
- ½ cup cornflour
- Oil, for deep frying
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, diluted in 3 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes, optional
- ½ cup green onion, chopped into 2-3cm pieces
1. Toss beef strips in the cornflour, making sure they’re evenly coated.
2. In a large saucepan, deep fry the beef strips in oil for 4-5 minutes before draining and setting aside.
3. In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil on high heat, and add ginger and garlic, stirring for 10 seconds. Add soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, and bring to the boil.
4. Add brown sugar and cornflour paste, and stir until well combined, then add the beef strips. After 2 minutes, add the green onions, cook for 1 more minute, then remove from heat. Serve hot with white rice.