These small and sweet apricot balls are the perfect treat to cook with the grandkids. There is no baking, just lots of fun mixing and rolling. Why not get them to help you while they are on school holidays.
They’re a great little snack to go to if you need a quick sweet treat or a little energy burst when you hit that mid afternoon slump.
These tasty snacks also last for weeks if refrigerated.
- 1 packet plain sweet biscuit (milk arrowroots are ideal)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 20 dried apricots – approximately
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
1. Place the biscuits in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to roll them out until they are fine crumbs and pour into a mixing bowl.
2. Using a pair of kitchen scissors, cut the dried apricots into small pieces and add to the mixing bowl.
3. Pour the condensed milk and 3/4 cups of the coconut into the mixing bow.
4. Mix well until the mixture is thick and sticking together.
5. Take a spoonful of the mixture onto a board covered with the remaining coconut and roll into a small ball.
6. Place into a container lined with baking paper and continue until the mixture is all used.
7. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes and enjoy!