What’s not to love a traditional chocolate brownie! This enticing recipe creates a moist brownie with a modern twist using an Australian pantry staple: Tim Tams!
The brownie batter is filled with sweet brown sugar, decadent dark chocolate and yummy Tim Tams and the finished product will melt-in-your-mouth with every bite. They are super easy to make and use only six ingredients. All you need to do is heat the chocolate and butter, mix in the rest of the ingredients and layer the Tim Tams; it’s that simple.
These gooey brownies are sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike. They’re great for afternoon tea or even as an indulgent dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Make sure you keep them under lock and key though, people will definitely be craving seconds!
- 200g dark chocolate
- 180g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 2 x 165g packets Tim Tams
Ad. Article continues below.
- Preheat oven to 160°C and grease a rectangular slice tin. Line the base with baking paper as an extra measure to stop it sticking, allowing some overhang to make removal easy.
- Heat 200g of the chocolate and the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until melted and well combined then set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the brown sugar and eggs until combined, then stir in the melted chocolate.
- Add the flour and stir until combined.
- Pour two-thirds of the batter into the prepared pan and line the Tim Tams on top of the mixture.
- Evenly spread the rest of the mixture over the layer of Tim Tams and bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then cut into squares to serve.