A cold glass of Milo and milk for afternoon tea is an Aussie classic and this recipe takes that concept to the next level. Rolled oats, sweet brown sugar, tropical coconut, creamy butter and malty Milo all come together to create this tasty slice that’s a great treat for the grandkids and adults alike!
Serve at room temperature with a cuppa or a glass of milk and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup (60g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (65g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (65g) Milo
- 1 cup (85g) rolled oats
- 2/3 cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (65g) desiccated coconut
- 1 egg
- 125 g melted butter
Ad. Article continues below.
- Line and grease a 20 x 20cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Place the flour, self-raising flour, Milo, rolled oats, brown sugar, coconut, egg and melted butter in a large bowl and stir until combined
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared slice pan and spread the mixture evenly.
- Bake the slice for 15 minutes until it is a light golden colour on top.
- Take out of the oven and let the slice cool down before cutting into slices.
- Cut into even slices and serve.
- Any remaining pieces of Milo slice should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or if the temperatures are particularly hot, store in the fridge.
Serve with some cream for a delicious dessert!
With Facebook removing news sites from your feeds we ask that you sign up for Starts at 60’s emailers here. And to keep us on your wall, join some of our new Facebook groups and clubs:
News Junkies Club – Australia
News Junkies Club – USA
See news on the change and links to all our other clubs and groups here.