If you’re a sweet addict, you will love this recipe.
These mouth-watering chocolate macadamia biscuits are the perfect go-to snack – salty macadamia nuts and succulent figs, combined in a sweet honey mixture, then coated in a light milk chocolate base. Plus, the recipe is easy to make and if stored in an air-tight container in the fridge, biscuits will last up to one month, which makes them ideal for an unexpected visitor calls!
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp golden syrup
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup macadamias, coarsely chopped
- 150g milk chocolate melts, melted
Ad. Article continues below.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place butter, sugar and golden syrup in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until mixture is well combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Add flour, fig and macadamia and stir to combine.
- Spoon six, one-teaspoon portions of mixture into prepared tray.
- Spread each to a 3cm disc.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Repeat in four more batches with remaining mixture.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Use a round-bladed knife to spread a little chocolate over the base of each biscuit.
Feel free to serve with a side of fresh fruit!