Delicious honey and coconut slice
This family recipe is an old favourite!
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 4 0z melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Put all ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix well and turn into lamington tin (greased lamington tin).
- Cook in moderate oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Then ice with lemon flavoured icing. ( I just use icing sugar and fresh lemon juice.)
- Then sprinkle with coconut.
- Cut into slices and remove from lamington tray.
Ad. Article continues below.
If you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today