These cheesy cauliflower muffins are great to have on hand and work a treat when you’re feeling peckish.
This easy recipe includes cheese, bacon, egg and cauliflower, all working together to create a tasty savoury flavour.
If you have a fussy little eater in the family, this delicious recipe is a fantastic way to incorporate cauliflower into their diet. You can also add any other extras you like, such as chopped broccoli or spinach.
Serve warm with a little butter and enjoy!
Ad. Article continues below.
- 50g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 500g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 250ml tub Philadelphia light cream (for cooking)
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 2 shortcut bacon rashers, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Using 1/2 melted butter, grease the holes of muffin pan.
- Spoon two teaspoons of breadcrumbs into each hole and shake to coat base and sides.
- Shake out any excess.
- Reserve 1/2 cup cauliflower florets.
- Place remaining cauliflower in food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add egg, cream, almond meal and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture evenly among prepared pan holes.
- Thinly slice remaining cauliflower florets.
- Place in bowl with bacon, thyme and remaining cheese. Toss to combine.
- Top cauliflower cheese in pan with bacon mixture.
- Brush with remaining butter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- Let sit for ten minutes.
Feel free to sprinkle with extra thyme!