When it comes to a creamy pasta dish, it’s hard to go wrong – combining some of the tastiest ingredients to make a true family favourite.
And this simple but tasty guide is perfect for a hearty dish to please all your nearest and dearest.
Combining delicious cheese with cream, bacon and mushrooms, it’s a great home-cooked meal to serve for a large dinner party, or just a quick meal on the go, taking minimal time to create perfection. Tuck in!
- 500g fettuccine pasta or spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 80g butter
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 250g shredded bacon
- 200g sliced mushrooms
- 300ml pure cream
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Boil the pasta in a large saucepan of salted water until it softens.
- While it’s boiling, heat a large frying pan with oil on a high heat and add oil and butter, before scattering in the onion, bacon and mushrooms.
- Cook the ingredients for around five minutes, until the bacon browns off and the mushrooms are tender.
- Slowly add cream and bring to the boil, before simmering for a further two minutes until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Add pasta and cheese to the pan and stir for a few minutes until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together.
You can also add salt and pepper, or other mixed herbs, for extra flavour depending on your taste.