They’re the perfect side dish to any roast this Christmas – but now you can make roasties a centre piece on their own.
Combining crispy roast potatoes with melted cheese, bacon and sour cream, this oven-baked favourite is a real home comfort during the festive season.
By slightly crushing the potatoes (once roasted or baked to perfection), you can create a taste sensation with the perfect blend of fillings.
Go ahead, dig in!
Ad. Article continues below.
- 1kg baby potatoes
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g packet of bacon, finely chopped into small pieces
- 2/3 cup pizza cheese (or any cheese to your taste)
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C for fan ovens).
- Scatter potatoes in a baking tray with 2 tbsp olive oil, ensuring they’re covered on all sides.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper, before baking for 40 minutes – or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a frying pan and fry bacon for a few minutes, until lightly browned on both sides.
- Lightly crush the cooked potatoes with a fork, to break the top, before topping with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Continue to bake for around 15 minutes, or until cheese has melted into the potatoes.
- Lightly pour on sour cream, chives and bacon pieces.
This is perfect served with kale leaves and sour cream for dipping.