These tasty muffins make the perfect lunch or snack on the go. Make in advance for a fuss-free bite to eat, or serve up warm with a dollop of sour cream and chutney for something a little more substantial.
With olives, feta, sundried tomatoes, and pumpkin, they are choc-full of yummy and healthy ingredients – or you can tweak it to add whatever ingredients you’d prefer!
After baking, these savoury muffins are perfectly moist.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 250ml milk
- 1 cup pumpkin, grated
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
Ad. Article continues below.
- Preheat oven to 180C, and spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, then add sugar, whisking until pale in colour. Add melted butter and whisk until combined, then repeat with the milk and vinegar.
- Add pumpkin, feta, cheese, sundried tomatoes, and olives to the egg mixture, then carefully fold in flour until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly into the muffin tin, then bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.