Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day but it can be difficult to think up new ideas for meals every morning. Not only do you need something that is going to get you all the good nutrients but also something that won’t taste like cardboard.
No one feels likes cooking an extravagant meal while they’re still half asleep, which is what makes this muesli so great. This recipe will have you sorted for the whole week with basically no effort. Just serve up the prepared muesli with a side of your choice and enjoy.
This is definitely a nutritious and delicious breakfast that makes a perfect morning meal!
- 200g rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons macadamia or sunflower oil
- 150g unsalted macadamias
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 firmly packed cup (110g) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 50g dried banana chips
- 50g dried cranberries
- 25g glace ginger
- Milk, to serve
- Yoghurt, to serve
- Honey, to serve
- Fresh fruits, to serve
Ad. Article continues below.
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Mix together oats and oil in a large bowl. Pour mixture onto a baking tray. Transfer to oven and cook for 10 mins. Wait until oats have started to colour then remove from oven.
- Transfer back to bowl and add nuts, sesame seeds, sugar and honey. Stir to combine. Return to tray and spread out. Roast for 10-15 mins. Stir once or twice while cooking. Cook until golden.
- Set aside to cool. Add banana chips, cranberries and ginger. Can be stored in an airtight container for one month. Serev wit milk, yoghurt, honey and/or fruit.