It’s the time of year that most people are avoiding overly heavy, creamy, pasta dishes in favour of salads and other lighter dishes. However, that doesn’t mean a dish can’t be fresh, healthy AND satisfying.
This fresh and healthy spring vegetable gnocchi combines the fresh flavours of some delicious seasonal veggies with gnocchi in a scrumptious light, creamy sauce. It’s just the thing to serve up if you’re hosting friends or family for dinner, or if you’re only cooking for one.
The end result is a restaurant quality meal which is surprisingly quick and easy to make. Yum!
- 1 package gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 cup spring peas, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish
Ad. Article continues below.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook gnocchi according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add shallots and pinch of salt and pepper, cooking for 2-3 minutes until shallots are tender. Add the asparagus and cook for 8-10 minutes until asparagus is fork tender.
- Add peas, cherry tomatoes, and cooked gnocchi, cooking for a further 2-3 minutes until peas and tomatoes are heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir through parmesan cheese, cream and lemon juice. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes to garnish.