This easy-to-make recipe makes for the perfect afternoon tea.
Bursting with flavour, this delicious recipe will have you going back for seconds. This citrus slice is made up of a buttery orange and white chocolate sponge, drizzled in a zesty icing, all combining together to create a marvellous flavour. Top with candied orange peel and enjoy!
- 180g white chocolate, chopped
- 125g butter, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange rind, finely grated
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp orange rind, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Grease a slice pan and line with baking paper (allow two long sides to overhang).
- Place chocolate and butter in heatproof bowl over saucepan of simmering water (don’t let bowl touch water).
- Stir with metal spoon until chocolate melts and mixture is combined.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in large bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in orange juice and rind.
- Stir in chocolate mixture.
- Sift over the combined flours and fold gently to combine.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- Set aside to cool in pan. Use paper to lift out slice and transfer to wire rack.
- To make orange drizzle, sift icing sugar into bowl and add juice and rind, stir until combined.
- Drizzle icing over slice and set aside to set.
Feel free to sprinkle extra sugar on top!