If you’re after a tasty and healthy snack or meal option, this is the recipe for you.
These quiches are packed with flavour and is versatile enough to feature in any meal. Filled with butternut pumpkin, spinach and ricotta, this delicious recipe will have you going back for seconds.
Great on its own, these tasty quiches also work a treat with a fresh garden salad for lunch or dinner.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 300g butternut pumpkin, peeled, diced
- 50g baby spinach
- 24 slices wholemeal bread, crusts removed
- Olive oil spray
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 50g reduced-fat fresh ricotta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat oil in large fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion. Cook, stirring, for three minutes or until softened.
- Add pumpkin. Cook for five minutes or until pumpkin is just tender.
- Add spinach. Cook for five minutes or until wilted.
- Remove from heat. Stand for ten minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, place one slice of bread on a flat surface.
- With a rolling pin, flatten bread slightly.
- Using a round cutter, cut one circle from bread.
- Press circle into one hole. Repeat with remaining bread.
- Lightly spray bread with oil.
- Bake for five to six minutes or until golden. Remove from oven.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a jug, season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon spinach mixture evenly between bread cases. Top with ricotta.
- Pour over egg mixture.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.