This is a great twist on an old favourite: Italian meatballs.
Why not add some cheese to your meatballs? It is so delicious and really is delightful to make.
- 500g minced beef or lamb
- 50g crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 rosemary
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Ad. Article continues below.
- Combine all ingredients except oil and 1/4 cup wine; mix well
- Shape mixture into small balls
- Heat oil and brown the balls well on all sides
- Drain on paper towel
- Place in shallow casserole dish and add remaining 1/4 cup of wine
- Place in 220 degree oven for 15 mins and serve with spaghetti or mash
Note: If you don’t like blue cheese, feta or any other crumbly cheese works just as well.
Image source: Flickr
If you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today