Love banana bread but want a healthier option that doesn’t sacrifice taste? This banana zucchini bread is what you’ve been looking for!
Ad. Article continues below.
Makes 8-10 servings
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted (plus more to grease)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted or olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup whole cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, at room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 and butter a 9 in x 5 in (mine is slightly smaller) bread tin.
- Add mashed bananas, zucchini, buttermilk, eggs, melted oils and vanilla to the mixer bowl and mix until well blended.
- Add flour, sugar, salt and bi-carb soda and mix until just blended.
- Pour batter into the tin and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted into the centre comes out with a moist crumbs attached.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan. Use a knife to loosen the edges of the bread from the tin, if necessary, and remove from tin.
- Let cool on a rack before cutting into slices.
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today