Baked sweet potatoes stuffed with feta, olives and sundried tomatoes
The sweet and savoury flavours of this Mediterranean dish make it an awesome choice for lunch or dinner.
Ad. Article continues below.
These orange-skinned veggies are also brimming with Vitamin C, potassium and beta-carotene, which are great for keeping you regular and nourishing your whole body.
Here’s how to make the best little meal that’s also good for you.
- 2 sweet potatoes, washed
- 50g feta cheese, cubed
- 30g black olives, pitted and chopped
- 30g sundried tomatoes in oil, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to take
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork and place them directly on middle oven rack.
- Bake until the sweet potatoes are easily pierced with a knife and cooked through – about 45-60 minutes depending on size. Remove from oven and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, make the topping. Mix together remaining ingredients in a small bowl and set aside until the sweet potatoes are done.
- Slice sweet potatoes down the centre then top with feta mixture and serve.
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today