Steve sent in this great bacon casserole that is a favourite in his house! His Irish heritage has helped him create some very creative potato recipes.
Ad. Article continues below.
- Approx 4 large spuds, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion
- Approx 300 to 400g bacon pieces
- 2 – 3 handfuls grated cheese
- Large can creamed corn
- Large tomato, thinly sliced (optional)
- Fry onion in a little oil and add bacon pieces and cook till lightly browned. Take off heat and stir in creamed corn.
- Layer in casserole bacon mix, cheese, spuds with bacon mix at top.
- Top with optional tomato slices and layer of cheese.
- Cover and cook at 180° for 45 mins.
- Remove lid and cook additional 15 minutes.
If you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today