Chicken and leek pie is a classic favourite, but this one made with brie cheese is just phenomenal!
There’s nothing quite like pie of a chilly evening, and this one with its gooey, melting brie just tops them all.
- 2 large square sheets puff pastry
- 25g butter
- 1 leek thinly sliced and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 400g skinless chicken breast diced into 2cm cubes
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- ¼ cup cold water
- 100g brie thinly sliced
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- 1 free-range egg lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
1. Leave pastry to thaw, preheat oven to 200C, and line a baking tray with nonstick baking paper.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan and add the garlic and leek, cooking for 5-7 minutes or until soft. Add chicken, and cook through.
3. Add wine and stock and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Mix together the cornflour and water in a small cup or jug and add this to the mixture as well as the parsley. Mix through, then remove from the heat.
5. With the first sheet of pastry, cut around 8 evenly spaced slits across the sheet, leaving an approximately 2-3cm border all the way around.
6. Place the second sheet on the baking tray and spoon the filing into the centre. Spread it out, leaving around a 5cm border, then place the brie slices on top.
7. Brush beaten egg around the edges, then place the cut sheet of pastry on top and pinch around the border to close. Brush all over with egg before baking for 20 minutes or until golden.