There’s nothing better than a quick and easy dessert, and this flourless chocolate cake looks divine! Moist and thick it will be the perfect dessert for any occasion.
Ad. Article continues below.
- 1. 5 cups milk or dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 175C. Grease and then line a 6-7 inch springform pan with baking paper. (make sure to grease first and then line with paper because the cake will still stick if pan is only greased.) Place chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 30-second intervals until completely melted. Make sure to stir in between each of the 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Beat eggs at high speed in a stand mixer for about 7 minutes until almost triple in volume. You can also use a hand mixer.
- Add 1/3 of egg mixture into melted chocolate and stir in a clockwise motion until no egg streaks remain. Repeat with another 1/3 of egg mixture and then again with the final third.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for about 22-25 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean.
Top with dusting of icing sugar or some nuts and berries and you have a quick and easy cake that will sure to be a favourite.