Anyone that lived through the 1970s knows that it was a magical time in films. So many iconic films came out between 1970 and 1979, but how well do you know them? We had a blast putting together the 70s film quiz to test your movie knowledge. Grab a pen and paper and see if you can come up with the film from the questions below. The link to the answers is at the bottom of the quiz.
Be sure to share your score on Facebook and see who, if any, of your friends, can best your score.
- 1971 saw the release of the first of five James Bond movies released and the last for Sean Connery in the role. What was this film?
- What 1975 comedy classic would we find the Knights who say Ni?
- 1977 saw the release of Star Wars, but George Lucas had another great 70s film that didn’t take place “A Long Long Time Ago” and starred Richard Dreyfuss, Ron Howard and an at the time newcomer Harrison Ford. What was this film?
- Jackie Gleeson played Sheriff Buford T. Justice of Portague County in this movie about a tractor trailer full of beer over county lines. What is it?
- What was the title of the 1978 Christopher Reeve film that had the tagline “You will believe a man can fly”?
- In the 1975 musical cult classic The Rocky Horror Picture Show who played “girl next door” Janet who with her boyfriend Brad (Barry Bostwick) meets the dangerous Dr Frank-N-Futer (Tim Curry)?
- The Godfather from 1972 has some of the most quotable lines in movie history. See if you can finish this line from Don Corleone (Marlon Brando): “Someday, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, consider this justice a gift on …”
- When the film Grease is discussed everyone always talks about it’s beautiful leads John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John, but what comedy icon played gridiron Coach Calhoun?
- In what 1979 film does Robert Duvall claim to love “the smell of napalm in the morning”?
- Who wins the big fight between Rocky and Apollo Creed in the closing moments of Sly Stallone’s 1976 Rocky?
- What is the name of the 1978 comedy classic in which John Belushi plays troublemaker John “Bluto” Blutarsky?
- What actress plays the title character in Annie Hall opposite neurotic comedian Woody Allen?
- In Roman Polanski’s 1974 crime classic Chinatown, Jack Nicholson finds out that Evelyn Mulwray is Faye Dunaway character’s what?
- Clint Eastwood appeared in two films in the 70s as hard-nosed cop Harry Callahan. Can you name both of these films?
- Featuring a blazing soundtrack this movie from 1977 had the synopsis of “A Brooklyn teenager feels his only chance to succeed is the king of the disco floor. His carefree youth and weekend dancing help him to forget the reality of his bleak life.” Name the film.
Now the moment of truth click here for the answers!