Adam Spencer has always had a gift for making science and mathematics fun and accessible to all ages. His Big Book of Numbers and World of Numbers books have been great stocking-stuffers for young readers who love facts, trivia and simply understanding how the world works. Now – just in time for Christmas – he’s back with a tremendously entertaining romp through history.
Starting with the big bang and ending in the present day (with a few glimpses of the future for good measure) Adam Spenccer’s Time Machine is a history book unlike any other.
Jam-packed with quotes, quizzes, anecdotes and trivia, Adam’s latest book is a full-colour treasure trove of trivia for any enquiring mind – whether they’re 8 or 108.
- Did you know that some of the earliest mathematicians and astronomers were indigenous Australians?
- Or that Lord Byron’s daughter, Ada Lovelace, was a pioneer of computer programming … despite dying in 1852?
- Can you believe that pinball was actually illegal across much of the US until the 1970s?
- Will time travel ever be possible?
- And who (or what) is the Witch of Agnesi?
Learn the answers and more in Time Machine, 2016’s ultimate compendium for curious minds.