Sister of murdered dentist Preethi Reddy has issued an emotional statement

Preethi Reddy's body was found in a suitcase dumped in a car at Kingsford in Sydney’s east on Tuesday night. Source: Facebook - Help find Preethi Reddy

The sister of murdered Sydney dentist Preethi Reddy has revealed she was “living her best life” before her body was found in a suitcase.

The 32-year-old’s body was found in a suitcase dumped in a car at Kingsford in Sydney’s east on Tuesday night. Police say the 32-year-old had been stabbed several times.

Her ex-boyfriend, who then later died after crashing into a semi-trailer near Tamworth, was suspected of murdering her, according to multiple reports.

Reddy’s sister, Nithya this morning issued a statement in which she said that her family was heartbroken and words couldn’t “capture the pain we are feeling with the passing of my beautiful big sister”.

“Preethi was a bright light; loveable, kind, and protective of all whom were lucky enough to have been loved and cared for by her. Prior to this unthinkable event, she had been the happiest I’d ever seen her – she he was living her best life.

“On behalf of my family, I want to thank anyone who shared our appeals to find her, and those who provided information to the police and us over the last few days.”

Nithya also extended her thanks to the media for their assistance, but also called for respect for the family.

“To the media, thank you for your assistance thus far, but please respect that our family, particularly my parents and Preethi’s partner, are going through the hardest thing that anyone can endure, and please respect that we need our privacy right now,” she added.

“We ask that everyone keep that in mind that we are grieving and we need space to do that. Finally, let the police do what they need to do to solve this horrific tragedy. Our family will never be the same without Preethi our lives.”

The family reported her missing on Sunday after she failed to show up to a late breakfast. She had spoken to them about 11:00am that day.

On Saturday, she took part in a dental conference at Hotel Urbane in St Leonard’s that her ex-boyfriend also attended. She was last seen on CCTV inside a city McDonald’s about 2.15am on Sunday and appeared to leave alone.

Have you been following this story?

Leave your comment

Retrieving conversation…