This easy slice will instantly become your new go-to thanks to its super simple recipe as well as its flexible ingredients list. This means you really can just swap out or add in any ingredients you want — although the regular recipe is definitely close to perfect as is.
Serve it up as an easy light lunch option, or if you’re feeling a bit more adventurous, whip up a cold pasta or potato side dish and serve it up as a filling main. Better yet, if you have a picnic lined up throughout the week, this will be the perfect treat to bring along!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 150g sliced ham, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup (80ml) low fat milk
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 350g (about 3) zucchini, coarsely grated, excess moisture squeezed
- 250g (about 2) carrots, coarsely grated
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- Salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line an 18cm-square cake pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add ham and onion, and cook, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes or until soft. Drain on paper towel. Set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the zucchini, carrot and ham mixture until well combined. Stir in the flour. Spoon into the pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set and golden brown. Set aside in the pan for 15 minutes before cutting into pieces. Serve with the salad.