- 10g melted butter
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- 30g butter
- 1 tbsp plain flower
- ½ cup milk
- 4 separated eggs
- 1 tsp grated lime rinde
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup bottled lemon curd
- Preheat oven to 200°C and place baking tray on lower shelf.
- Brush six 175ml ramekins with melted butter.
- Dust each ramekin with sugar.
- Melt butter on medium heat until foamed. Add flour.
- Stir with a wooden spoon for 2 mins until mixture bubbles.
- Add milk and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Pour into large bowl and stir the rest of sugar, yolks, lime rind, lime juice and lemon juice. Cool for 4 mins.
- Beat egg whites until soft. Stir ¼ of eggs into lemon mixture. Fold in the rest of the egg whites.
- Spoon 2 tsp lemon curd into each ramekin.
- Add mixture to top, leaving ½ cm below rim.
- Place on baking tray and cook for 15 mins.
For some added flavour, feel free to serve with your favourite fruits or sprinkle with powdered sugar for an extra-sweet kick.