There’s nothing better than a freshly made cheesecake to brighten your day, and this blueberry flavoured recipe will be the best version you’ll try for a while. Although it’s not the simplest of recipes, the effort will be worth it when you sink your teeth into the first bite.
And with no need to turn on the oven, this simple set-and-forget dish is as good as can be! Serve it up to family and friends or enjoy it all to yourself, but whatever you do don’t forget a dollop of cream to top it off!
- 250g plain sweet biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons gelatine powder
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 x 250g packets cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped
- 300g fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries
- Icing sugar mixture, to serve
- Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm-round (base) springform pan. Process biscuits until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter. Process until just combined. Press mixture over base and side of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Sprinkle gelatine over boiling water in a heatproof jug. Whisk with a fork until gelatine is dissolved. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatine mixture until combined. Fold in whipped cream, then 1 cup blueberries. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Smooth top with a spatula. Sprinkle remaining blueberries over cheesecake. Cover, refrigerate overnight (see notes, to freeze).
- Remove cheesecake from pan and transfer to a plate. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.