This fun slice has been a family favourite for so many years now, especially for the grandkids who have always been massive fans of the sweet mix of cherries, marshmallows and chocolate! Not only does it taste delicious but this tasty treat is perfect for making with the grandkids as the method is fairly simple, with a short list of ingredients. They’ll definitely love getting into the kitchen to help out with such a colourful dish! This slice is absolutely perfect for bringing to family and friend gatherings as rocky road has long been a staple for the food table at any kind of party. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatine
- 250g packet marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 x 180g blocks milk chocolate, chopped
- 40g butter, chopped
- 200g packet dry-roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 100g packet red glace cherries, halved
- 250g packet plain chocolate biscuits, halved
- 125g butter, melted
- Grease and line a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper, leaving a 2cm overhang on all sides. Place biscuits in food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add butter. Process until combined. Press into base of prepared pan. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour boiling water into a heatproof jug. Sprinkle gelatine over top. Stir with fork to dissolve. Set aside.
- Add marshmallows and milk to saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until marshmallows have melted and mixture combined. Transfer to electric mixer. Gradually beat gelatine mixture into marshmallow mixture. Working quickly, spread mixture over prepared base. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until marshmallow has set.
- Place chocolate and butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, or until smooth. Add almonds, coconut and cherries. Stir to combine. Spoon over marshmallow, pressing with the back of spoon to level. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Cut into squares. Serve.