If you’re wondering what to bring to Christmas lunch this year – go no further than this fresh and cool cheesecake! It’s also ideal for those warm summer evenings when you’re dying for something sweet but don’t want to hover around the hot oven for too long.
Once you’ve made this a few times, this simple recipe will become second nature but somehow the flavour never gets old. So, invite the grandkids into the kitchen for a few extra helping hands and kick off the festive season with a bang!
- 250g sweet plain biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 375g cream cheese, softened
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 400g condensed milk
- Mixed berries, to serve
- Process biscuits in food processor until finely crushed. Add butter and mix well. Press half of the biscuit mixture into the base of greased and lined 20cm springform tin. Use glass or spoon to push the remainder of the mixture around the sides of the tin. Chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add lemon zest and vanilla and beat well. Gradually add condensed milk and lemon juice, and continue to beat until smooth.
- Pour into prepared tin, smooth over top and refrigerate overnight. Top with berries when ready to serve.