Are you looking for a new and refreshing loaf recipe that won’t cost you an arm and a leg to make? This deliciously good coconut and lime flavoured treat is not only easy to make but the zesty flavours work perfectly with the coconut for an unforgettable taste.
This one is a great last-minute sweet treat to go alongside your hot cuppa, using only a handful of easy ingredients. Serve this up with a dollop of cream on the side to really bring out all the delicious flavours. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoons lime rind, finely grated
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups (240g) icing sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 10cm x 22cm (base measurement) loaf pan. Line base and 2 long sides with baking paper. Combine flour, coconut, lime rind and sugar in large mixing bowl.
- Whisk butter, eggs and coconut milk in small bowl. Add to flour mixture. Stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth surface with back of spoon.
- Bake for 45 mins or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in pan for 5 mins. Turn onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place icing sugar in bowl. Add enough lime juice to form runny paste. Drizzle over top of cooled cake. Serve.