Fritters are a great option when you’re looking for a quick, easy and tasty lunch or dinner to treat yourself with. Not only are they filled with healthy ingredients but they’re super simple to whip up in under 25 minutes!
There’s no huge strain to the budget, with the ingredient list full of foods you may already have lying around, and if you’re missing a few things, replacements are easy to find as fritters can be made with almost anything you have in the fridge! If you have any leftover vegetables from dinner the night before, throw them into the food processor along with all of the other good stuff and enjoy a tasty, light dinner that won’t leave you feeling too full afterwards!
- 200g broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 green shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas, thawed
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add broccoli, garlic, shallots and mint to bowl of food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add peas and chickpeas. Pulse until coarsely mashed. Transfer mixture to bowl. Add in cornflour and eggs. Season well. Stir until just combined.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup of fritter batter to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and just cooked through.
- Transfer to plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining oil and batter. Serve.