This tasty treat is perfect for an afternoon or morning tea snack – especially alongside your hot cuppa! Not only do these bite-sized treats taste mouth-watering, but they’re also much better for you than many sugar-packed recipes you’ll find elsewhere.
With healthier replacement ingredients like natural vanilla yoghurt, malt syrup and rice bran oil, the slices are completely free of refined sugars. They’ll still do the job when you need something to curb your sweet-tooth but you won’t need to feel guilty for going back for seconds!
- 1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup Stevia sweet granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup no-added-sugar French vanilla yoghurt (sugar-free vanilla yoghurt works too)
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/3 cup rice bran oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 125g fresh raspberries
- 3 x 45g bars sugar-free orange-flavoured dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line 18cm x 28cm slice pan with baking paper, leaving overhang of about 5cm on long sides.
- Add flour, Stevia and baking powder to a large bowl. Stir to combine. Stir in yoghurt, syrup, oil and egg. Fold in half the raspberries.
- Pour into prepared pan. Smooth over top with back of spoon. Sprinkle remaining raspberries over top, push slightly into batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes, transfer to wire rack to cool. Drizzle with chocolate. Serve.