Sometimes the gap between breakfast and lunch is just too long to bare and all you need is something light, healthy and small to tide you over. These spinach and cheddar muffins are the perfect answer to this problem!
Not only are they better-for-you and won’t fill you up too much right before lunch, but they’re incredibly easy to whip up and are packed full of healthy, cheap ingredients that you probably already have lying around in your kitchen. Yum!
- 2 medium eggs
- 150ml milk
- 75g butter, melted
- 150g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 75g fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 250g self raising flour
- 1/2 low sodium vegetable stock cube
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- Add eggs to a large bowl and gently whisk to combine. Stir in milk and melted butter. Mix in grated cheese, spring onion, baby spinach and diced pepper. Add in flour, salt and pepper and crumble in vegetable stock cube. Stir just enough until all ingredients are combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into each 12 muffin cases. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until skewer stuck into middle comes out clean. Serve.