If you’re after a lighter snack to fill you up throughout the day that’s full of healthy ingredients, but still tastes absolutely delicious, you can’t go past these tasty savoury muffins! With a super simple recipe, these easy snacks are the best for a quick midday treat.
Not only are they great for keeping your hunger at bay, but they are also perfect for making ahead and popping in the freezer as an easy bite to enjoy on the go. Serve them up warm or at room temperature with a bit of butter and enjoy!
- 1 cup (160g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125ml) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk
- 1/3 cup (80g) ricotta
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 12-hole, 1/3-cup (80ml) muffin pan with paper cases. Place combined flour, sugar, carrot, zucchini and mixed spice in large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Whisk egg, oil, buttermilk and ricotta in jug. Add to flour mixture and stir until just combined, making sure not to over-mix.
- Spoon mixture evenly among paper cases. Bake for 25-30 mins or until skewer inserted in centres comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.