Super-easy lemon and yoghurt cake
This refreshing, zesty cake is the best, last minute recipe to whip up when you’re desperate for something sweet but just can’t be bothered standing around in the kitchen for too long. By simply throwing everything into a mixing bowl, then baking for just half an hour, you can achieve this delicious flavour which has stood the test of time! This recipe really does give you the best, simple cake base so if you’re looking to add more, it gives you the flexibility and freedom to add whatever icing or extra ingredients you fancy. Serve it up alongside a hot cuppa and you’re good to go!
- 3 eggs
- 220g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 2 lemons, juiced, plus 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 280g (1 cup) Greek style yoghurt, plus extra, to serve
- 125ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line base and sides of cake pan with baking paper.
- Add egg and sugar to mixing bowl. Use electric mixer to beat together for 4 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add lemon juice zest. Beat to combine for another minute.
- Add in flour, yoghurt and oil. Stir until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack to cool completely. Serve.