Looking for something to put a spring back in your step? Try this mouthwatering braised-beef stew with tender veggies and a dash or two of red wine. The flavour in this dish is better than anything else you’ll try this week and just can’t be overlooked!
This simple recipe is so easy to get down pat and once you’ve cooked it a few times you’ll definitely want to make it one of your signature dishes. Don’t forget to serve it up with some crusty bread to soak up every last drop, and enjoy!
- 1kg chuck beef steak, cut into pieces
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 tbs oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 400g canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 capsicum diced
- 500g green beans cut into pieces
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch seasoning, to taste
- Cut steak into 2.5 cm cubes. Coat beef cubes in plain flour.
- Heat fry pan and add oil. Cook beef until completely browned.
- Add all ingredients into slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Serve.