If you don’t have the time to whip up an impressive dinner but you still want to prepare a tasty meal for your friends and family then this meal ticks all the boxes. With just ten minutes preparation time and a handful of simple, fresh ingredients, this pot roast is a hearty treat for everyone.
Not only does it take close to no effort from the chef, but with the help of the trusty slow-cooker the beef comes out so mouth-wateringly tender and rich with flavour. Dish it up to your family and friends or prepare it as dinner for the week for yourself.
- 2.5kg beef topside roast
- 700g chat potatoes, halved
- 3 large carrots, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 8 eschalots, peeled, halved
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 400g can diced Italian tomatoes with oregano and basil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock
- Place beef in bowl of a 5.5 litre slow-cooker. Place potato, carrot, eschalots, bay leaves and thyme around beef. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine tomato, garlic, stock and 1 cup cold water in a jug. Pour over beef. Cover with lid.
- Turn cooker to low. Cook for 8 hours or until vegetables are tender, turning beef halfway during cooking.
- Transfer beef to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 10 minutes. Slice thinly. Serve beef with vegetables and sauce.