This recipe for one is the perfect midweek meal that won’t have you dealing with left overs the next day. Instead, this recipe will help you rustle up enough for a single serving of fresh, creamy risotto to enjoy on your own.
If you’re looking to make more, simply multiply the ingredients by however many servings you want to whip up. Otherwise, get this dish together in under 30 minutes and enjoy as a mouthwateringly fresh dinner!
- 830ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 60g sliced mushrooms
- 40g onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 100g Arborio rice
- 60ml white wine
- 25g Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Pour stock into saucepan and bring to simmer over low heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and olive oil over medium heat in deep pan. Once melted, add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Add onions and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
Season with salt and stir in rice. Let oils coat grains and continue to toast rice, stirring for about 3 minutes. Add wine to pan and simmer until liquid has almost evaporated, about 2 minutes.
Add 1/4 cup of stock and stir until almost completely absorbed, about 2 minutes. Continue to add stock to pan, 1/4 cup at a time and stir until absorbed. Continue process until rice is tender, or for about 20 minutes. Taste and season with salt if necessary.
- Stir in remaining tablespoon of butter and parmesan cheese.
- Remove from heat, taste and season with additional salt, if desired. Serve immediately.