This fantastic weeknight meal is perfect for those days when you just don’t want to spend too long in the kitchen. Whip this up in bulk, pop it in a few containers and enjoy it throughout the week as a fast, easy and fuss-free meal.
The best part about this dish is that it’s also super versatile so if this particular recipe is missing your favourite ingredient, don’t hesitate to add it into the mix!
- 500g penne rigate
- 6 stalks silverbeet, leaves removed
- 1 zucchini, trimmed, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled, diced
- 3 stalks celery, trimmed, halved, sliced
- 150g green beans, trimmed, cut into 2cm lengths
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 737g bottle tomato pasta sauce
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Grease 6cm-deep, 28cm x 35cm baking dish. Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender.
- Chop silverbeet leaves. Place in large, microwave-safe bowl. Add zucchini, carrot, celery and green beans. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 4 to 5 minutes or until carrot is tender. Add mushrooms, capsicum and bacon. Stir to combine.
- Drain pasta and return to saucepan. Add vegetable mixture and pasta sauce. Stir to coat. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Serve.